The advantage of digital marketing is that it allows you to target to your exact audience. For example, if you happen to sell high end products, you want to make sure your messaging reaches that demographic that can actually afford your products.
As a digital marketing agency, we have found that Facebook is an effective channel through which to promote our clients’ expensive products. Naturally, the key is creating relevant messaging, but with Facebook’s demographic targeting, we’ve found that not only can you reach your intended targets but also a broader market which you may not have thought of.
Here are five categories of Facebook filters that can help you hyper-target the high income demographic to sell them high end products. Keep in mind this information is normally disclosed voluntarily by most Facebook users when they fill out their profiles.
1. Education – Chances are if you went to an Ivy League university, the odds of them having a pretty decent job and income would be much higher than one who did not attend college.
2. Job title – Most people will input job titles that will indicate the level of income so target high-paying titles like founder, CEO and the rest of the C-Level suite of titles.
3. Where you live – A quick search online will quickly help you identify where the wealth reside. Facebook allows you to get really granular with this so target specific affluent neighborhoods instead of just whole cities.
4. Interests – Facebook’s new broad category targeting feature (currently in test mode) allows digital marketers to reach an entire audience interested in luxury items instead of targeting them by individual brands.
5. Things you like – It’s one thing like and join the Ferrari cars page but it’s another to own one and engage in the activity as part of your extra-curricular activities. We chose luxury automobile clubs and horse owners. It’s one thing to like horse riding but actually owning horses requires a lot more capital investment which goes back to disposable income.
We hope we gave you some ideas on how to target certain demographics. Usually, a more out of the box approach is required.
If you are interested in finding out more about optimizing your social media marketing, we’re happy to help you. Contact us here
Image credit: daylife.com